Last updated - July 8, 2021
As a website owner, there will be several occasions where you would want to keep your site in maintenance mode. When you are newly launching a website, you may want to create a coming soon page, so that visitors will know about the upcoming launch. Or, you are doing a major update on your website or online store, and you want to let your customer know. In all these scenarios, you will need a tool to help switch the site into maintenance mode. In this article, we will help you know more about some of the best WordPress maintenance mode plugins.
This plugin offers a range of features that will help you switch your website into maintenance mode. It helps you create custom landing pages that will be displayed for 404 errors, when your site is undergoing maintenance, or for coming soon notifications. Moreover, it has a drag and drop interface and works seamlessly with any of the popular WordPress themes.
- Create a variety of landing pages.
- Easy to use with drag and drop interface.
- Customize the appearance of the custom pages as per requirements.
- Flexible to add custom HTML and CSS.
This plugin helps you set up a fully customizable maintenance mode on your WordPress site. Except for site admins, all other users will not have access to the site. In addition, the plugin offers features like a contact form to collect emails, and a countdown timer.
- Customize landing page for maintenance mode and coming soon.
- Countdown timer to show when the site will be live.
- Contact form to collect visitor’s information.
- Integrates with most WordPress themes.
This plugin helps to display a customizable page when the site is not available. It offers extensive customization features to control the appearance of the page as per individual site requirements. Furthermore, the plugin is multi-language ready with translation options for over 100 languages.
- Display a custom page when the site is not available.
- Options to configure colors, icon, background, logo, and other visual elements.
- Exclude specific pages from maintenance mode.
- Integrates with Google Analytics.
This plugin offers extensive settings to configure maintenance mode on your WordPress site. It has an option to activate a landing page for coming soon or maintenance mode in a single click. Moreover, it offers several customization options for the content, layout and other visual elements.
- User-friendly plugin to create custom landing pages for coming soon and maintenance mode.
- Extensive customization option.
- Large options of themes to download.
- Integrates well with most themes and mobile devices.
This is a quick and easy way to set up a maintenance mode page on your WordPress site. It helps to collect visitor data and leads while the site is still getting ready for launch. Moreover, the plugin has extensive customization features and integrates well with Mailchimp.
- Easily turn your site into maintenance mode.
- Effortlessly customize the appearance of the frontend.
- Drag and drop interface for easy configuration.
- Range of themes and animations with the premium version.
This is one of the easiest WordPress Maintenance Mode Plugins to set up. The plugin offers a template to turn on maintenance mode, which you can enable in a single click. More importantly, it works with HTML and CSS3 animations.
- Simple plugin to enable maintenance mode.
- Customize logo and background images.
- Seamless work with any WordPress theme.
- Display contact information and social profiles.
This plugin offers an option to personalize your WordPress site’s frontend, while maintenance is going on. There are different options to configure the appearance including colors, fonts, logo, background images, sliders, and more. Moreover, it allows selective access to users based on user roles, IP address, etc.
- Simple option to modify the site’s frontend while in maintenance mode.
- Customize visual elements and features effortlessly.
- Provide selective access to visitors.
- Insert newsletter or contact form with shortcodes.
With customizable templates, this plugin makes it easy to enable maintenance mode on WordPress. It also provides an option to notify search engines that your site is temporarily on maintenance mode. And, it adds value by offering smooth integrations with email subscription forms and popular WordPress themes.
- Easily create custom pages for coming soon or under maintenance.
- Customizable templates for easy configuration.
- Provide access to selective vistors.
- Seamless integration with email tools like Mailchimp.
This plugin helps to display an innovative frontend for maintenance mode, coming soon, and under construction websites. It offers extensive customization options with options like background slider and countdown timer. Furthermore, you can integrate subscription forms and email management plugins.
- Create a great frontend design when your site is under maintenance.
- Unique features like animated text messages and background slider.
- Choose from a range of Google Fonts.
- Integrates with Mailchimp and other email management services.
This plugin offers efficient options to manage maintenance mode on your WordPress website. While easily helping to switch to maintenance mode, the plugin also ensures your visitors are informed about the ongoing maintenance. Furthermore, the plugin offers options to collect emails so that you can follow up on leads effectively.
- Create and display good-looking maintenance mode pages.
- Easy to use interface with a visual editor.
- Features like countdown timer and progress bar.
- Easily customize background colors, logo, fonts, etc.
This is another option to easily configure maintenance mode on WordPress sites. There are customizable templates and blocks to design the page according to the specific requirements of each website. Moreover, you can schedule the time when the website will automatically go live.
- Simple option to set up WordPress maintenance mode.
- Customizable template to design landing pages.
- Easily customize background colors, content, logos, etc.
- Supports SEO and social media efforts.
This plugin helps you create pages to display while your site is undergoing maintenance. The advantage of using this plugin is that users without coding knowledge can also manage to add a custom page for their site visitors. Moreover, it is quite friendly to customization, and has options to allow access to specific IP addresses.
- Easy to use plugin to set up WordPress maintenance mode.
- Extensive customization options.
- Selectively provide access based on user’s IP address.
- SEO friendly and social media ready.
This plugin is really useful if the focus is on providing selective access to stakeholders to preview the ongoing maintenance efforts. It could be used effectively for temporarily keeping your site unavailable to visitors. The plugin could prove as a great tool for developers and designers who want to provide a preview to clients.
- Create maintenance mode with selective access to users.
- Options to create a text page, custom HTML page or redirect to a static page.
- Specify IP address to bypass maintenance mode settings.
This plugin has simple options to create a minimal maintenance mode page for WordPress sites. It is quite easy to configure with single click options to enable maintenance mode. In addition, you will find several customization features including CSS3 animations, unlimited color schemes, support for background images.
- Easily configurable plugin for maintenance mode.
- Extensive customization options.
- SEO and translation ready.
- Integrates well with popular WordPress themes.
The plugin offers smart features to help WordPress site owners create a unique maintenance page in quick time. It has powerful features to help with extensive customization. Moreover, pre-designed templates are available for easy configuration.
- Create maintenance mode pages effortlessly.
- Option to display site launch date and countdown timer.
- Pre-defined templates.
- Custom CSS and social media sharing options.
This is another simple option to turn your WordPress site into maintenance mode to inform visitors about ongoing maintenance. It is easy to customize according to the specific requirements of the website. Moreover, the plugin offers seamless integration with WPML for translations.
- Switch your WordPress site into maintenance mode.
- Easily customize the appearance of the page.
- Integration with WPML.
- Detailed documentation.
We hope these WordPress Maintenance Mode Plugins will help you pick the best option for your website. Leave us a comment if you have a query.