Product recommendations have great power to improve your sales figures. According to studies a significant percentage of purchases that happen on eCommerce is through product recommendations. For an eCommerce store owner, it is important to optimize the the strategy to recommend products. If you have a WooCommerce store how will you manage product promotions and suggestions? In this article, we will discuss some of the best WooCommerce product recommendations plugins that will help you boost sales on your online store.
The default option of WooCommerce
WooCommerce, by default, offers an option to create product recommendations. In the individual product settings page, you can add multiple products as Upsells and Cross-sells. For this, you can access the settings through Product Data > Linked Products.
Simply type the first three letters of the product name, and it will appear as recommendations in the product page.
Upsells will be displayed on the product page as ‘You may also like’.
And cross sells will be displated on the Cart page as ‘You may be interested in’.
WooCommerce also displays products from the same category as Related Products. However, you won’t be able to specifically choose the products for this section.
Now, the plugins we discuss in this article will help you enhance the product recommendation strategy. They all have some features that you may not find in the default settings. Here we go…
Best WooCommerce product recommendations plugins
Take a look at some of the interesting options below:
Instead of you manually specifying recommendations for each product, you can use this plugin to set it up automatically. Recommendation Engine will take into account factors like a customer’s view and purchase history, products bought together often, etc. The plugin will help you display these different type of recommendations as different sections. This will help to set up better linking between your products based on customer behavior. Moreover, you can encourage customers to check out more of your products.
- Display product recommendations automatically based on user parameters.
- Create related products based on user’s view history and purchase history.
- Also display products that are frequently bought together.
- Two separate widgets to show related products by user’s behavior and purchase patterns.
A single site license of the plugin will cost you $79.
When you have a large number of categories and products, it is not easy to create relevant product recommendations. In such cases, this plugin could be a great help as it assists you in setting up effective upsells and cross-sells. With this plugin, you will have the control to place the recommendations at more than 20 different locations on your WooCommerce store. Moreover, it offers detailed analytics insights to help you optimize your marketing strategies. Furthermore, you can create upsells and cross-sells in bulk, and based on several conditions.
- Present product recommendations in different formats to customers.
- Options to display recommendations at different locations on your website.
- Options to list out best sellers, top rated, and ones that are frequently bought together.
- Provide recommendations to customers on the product pages, checkout page, or even after the purchase.
- Offer rewards like free shipping to customers to increase order value.
- Detailed analytics insights.
At $79, you will get a single site subscription of this plugin.
One of the features that you may have noticed in several eCommerce stores would be a product comparison option. Customers would be able to compare the features of different products and take an informed purchase decision. Moreover, this will be a good strategy to make your customers aware of some other products you have on your store. On the category page, customers will be able to simply select the products they want to compare. In addition, you can show the product comparison option on any other pages on your site as well.
- Display product recommendation tables on category pages and custom locations on your store.
- Provide detailed information on product price, ratings, descriptions, stock status, etc.
- Encourage customers to spend more time on your store.
Purchase the plugin for $49.
A great way of recommending products on your WooCommerce store would be to choose and display specific products daily. This will help you promote different products on different days depending on their popularity fluctuations. Interestingly, the plugin will help you choose and set different products for different days of the week.
- Helps you display a product or set of products for the day on your WooCommerce store.
- Intuitive user interface to help you assign different products to different days.
- Option to choose between add to cart link or image thumbnails for the display.
- Control the number of products displayed on the widget.
- Sort the products in any order.
Get your copy of the plugin for $49.
This plugin will help you more options to display cross-sells on your Cart page. You can define category or product specific matches to be displayed according to your store strategy. It allows you to set default options if no products are available to display according to your advanced conditions.
- Set up product level upsells and cross-sells on your store.
- Define category specific or product specific display.
- Option to set default products to display when the other conditions are not applicable.
- Set a maximum number to display.
The plugin costs $29.
This plugin will enable you to create personalized recommendations on your WooCommerce store. It will let you suggest products to customers based on their specific behaviors and interaction patterns on your site. You will also get control to arrange the recommendations in different sections or locations. Moreover, this plugin enables you to send purchase recommendations to customers through custom email templates. You can even automate your email campaigns, and also get detailed analytics insights on the entire product strategy.
- Recommend products according to the tastes of individual customers.
- Display recommendations at different locations on your site.
- Create and execute an email strategy for product recommendations.
- Easy to use even without coding knowledge.
- Actionable analytics insights to improve sales and revenue.
- You can start with a free trial and later opt for a pricing plan starting from $9.99 per month.
You will be able to display related products through a widget on any of your pages or posts with the help of this plugin. It will help you create a database of cross-sell products and show them as effective recommendations. The plugin offers you an option to display recommendations at the bottom of every page, or anywhere on the page by filtering specific categories. Moreover, it offers several customization options to modify the appearance of the recommendations widget.
- Create product recommendations based on contextual terms.
- Filter the products that you recommend by categories.
- Widget to display recommended products at different locations on your site.
- Customize the widget according to the page your choose to display.
- Include an affiliate code in the product urls to earn commissions.
- Easily export and import products from one site to another.
At $29, you can get this plugin for two sites.
This plugin will help you display recommendations on your product pages based on different parameters. You will be able to display product suggestions based on categories tags or product attributes. Depending on your choice, you can place these recommendations of pages, posts or sidebar widgets. Moreover, the plugin offers different shortcodes, which will help you choose different set of products to display.
- Display related products in different sections on your store.
- Choose different locations to present product recommendations.
- Shortcodes to help you manage recommendations effortlessly.
You can download the plugin for free from the WordPress plugin repository.
We hope these WooCommerce product recommendations plugins will help you create an effective strategy to promote your products. Leave us a comment if you have a query.