Last updated - March 31, 2022
Are you planning to integrate DHL shipping with WooCommerce? DHL is regarded as one of the most reliable shipping partners as you can easily deliver to customers across the world, print shipping labels, track order details, etc. In this article, we will discuss how to integrate DHL shipping with WooCommerce.
DHL provides an international courier service that delivers a variety of packages across 220 countries. It offers a fast and secure network for international and domestic delivery of documents and parcels. DHL generally offers discounts and genuine deals with their partners and customers which you can check out on their official website.
What are the benefits of integrating with DHL?
DHL is regarded as the largest supply chain company in the world and has a huge network of more than 5,00,000 employees spread worldwide. Here are some additional benefits of using DHL.
- Deliver packages through ocean and airmail.
- DHL allows easy-to-use shipping gateways that enable you to prepare packages.
- Print stickers on the packages to identify and manage delivery.
- Get access to automatically generated tracking id.
- DHL provides services for bulk download for all adult traders.
- Use DHL’s integrated tracking system to view reports and track packages easily.
- Send notifications to customers for shipment status.
- Get regular SMS on mobile phones regarding the delivery status with access to the tracking link.
- DHL provides insurance for high-value delivery items.
Integrate DHL shipping with WooCommerce
You can easily integrate DHL using the following shipping plugins.
- DHL for WooCommerce
- PSS WooCommerce DHL Shipping Plugin with Print Label
- Connect DHL EXPRESS to WooCommerce & ship
- Live rates for DHL Express and WooCommerce by Flexible Shipping
- ELEX WooCommerce DHL Express plugin
We will use the ELEX WooCommerce DHL Express plugin to set up DHL services with WooCommerce. This plugin allows easy integration with DHL and ships your products worldwide using all the services provided by the company. Display DHL shipping rates and services on the cart and the checkout page of your WooCommerce store. Customers can choose among the available shipping methods and place an order on your WooCommerce store. Additionally, you can generate shipping labels, track order status, customize shipping titles and rates, etc. This plugin is rated at 4.9 out of 5 by more than 127 existing users.
How to integrate DHL shipping with WooCommerce using the ELEX DHL Express plugin?
You can download the plugin from the official website ELEXtensions.
To upload the plugin open your WordPress dashboard and Go to Plugins > Add new. Upload the zip file of the plugin, click the Activate button to use the DHL plugin on your WooCommerce store.
In this article, we will focus on basic features and how to use these features on WooCommerce. If you want to get into more detail you can read the guide on How to set up WooCommerce DHL Express in ELEX WooCommerce DHL Shipping Plugin with Print Label?
Let’s explore the plugin settings for the DHL plugin, Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > DHL Express > General. We will take a closer look at each of these tabs and their functions.
- This section allows you to switch between Test mode or Live mode whenever you want to test your changes or start using the DHL service on the WooCommerce store.
- Later, fill in your details such as Account number, site id, and site password which can be accessed from the official DHL website. Click the Validate Credentials button to check these details are correctly entered.
- Enable Real-time Rates to display DHL shipping rates on your online store and enable shipping labels to print package labels once the order is placed.
- Insert Shipper address and fill in all the other necessary details. The Default currency name will change according to the country that you have selected.
Rates and Services
In this section, you can customize Show Delivery Time, DHL Account Rates, Breakdown Charges, Show Cheapest Rates only, Enable Insurance Charges, etc.
- Once you enable the above option you can modify the Shipping Services & Price Adjustments tab. You can edit DHL service names, add a markup or discounted value in price or percentage.
Label & Tracking
This section deals with label and tracking-related customizations. You can Enable default service for label generation, Enable Cash on Delivery, Enable direct download for shipping labels, and allow customers to print shipping labels.
The Shipping Label option allows you to select printing sizes from all the available options in the dropdown menu:
Type Shipping Contents Description and write a Comment for your package. Use the Company Logo option to upload your own store logo to display on the package. Explore other options to modify your label and tracking settings.
Select how your products will be packed and choose among the three available packaging options.
- Pack items individually: This default option allows you to add each item in the cart separately and total shipping charges are calculated by including the shipping cost for each item.
- Pack into boxes as per their weights and dimensions: Every item is packed into custom size boxes as defined in the box sizes table. These boxes have the necessary details by default as you install the plugin. A perfect fit box is automatically selected from the defined boxes.
- Weight Based: Calculate shipping on the basis of the total weight of the order. Use the product settings to set accurate weights for your items.
Select the option that is most convenient for your product type and business goals. You can also use this section to customize the package type, individual product’s weight, set product dimensions, etc.
If you want regular support and updates for the DHL express plugin, you can activate the plugin license by filling in the above details.
That’s it! You have successfully integrated DHL Shipping with WooCommerce.
How to use this plugin on your WooCommerce store?
Let’s go to your online store and place an order. When you navigate to the Checkout page you will see available DHL services along with their shipping rates. Choose a particular service type and payment method, and then click the Place Order button. You will see that your order is successful and ready for delivery.
How to Print Shipping Labels using the DHL Express Plugin?
Now, go to your WordPress panel and access WooCommerce > Orders. Click the order after checking the date, order id, or customer name and open the single order page as displayed below.
- This page will allow you to edit the Billing and the Shipping Address provided by the customer.
- Order Number and Payment method are displayed on the top left.
- You can also view and change the order date, time, order status, and customer’s email id contact number.
- Order notes display a summary of your order details and allow you to communicate with the customer by sending notifications.
- Now, scroll down to the DHL Express section where you can modify the weight, height, width, length, of the ordered package.
- Click the Create Shipment button when you are done making necessary changes.
This button will open additional options as displayed below.
At the top left corner of this section, you can view the Shipment Service name and the Shipment Number along with a hyperlink. This number allows you to track your order directly from DHL’s official website. Simply click on the hyperlink to redirect to the DHL tracking system. Use the available options to track the shipment status of your package, delivery time, service area, etc.
Additionally, you can also access the More Shipment Details tab where you can view the exact delivery time and unique piece id. In the All Shipment Updates section, you can view the shipment journey from the start to the final destination.
Click the Shipment Label button, this will redirect you to a new tab.
That’s it! Your shipping label is automatically generated with all the relevant information required to deliver the package.
In the shipping label, you will see details such as the barcode, shipper details, receiver’s contact information, product weight, number of items, shipment service code, and other product-specific details. Furthermore, you can use the shipping labels to see the reference number, customs value, and package instructions.
I hope this article will guide you on how to integrate DHL shipping with WooCommerce. You can follow each and every step as mentioned above to use the DHL services. If you still have any queries regarding the topic you can leave a comment below.