Last updated - January 5, 2021
WooCommerce offers convenient features to collect and manage tax on your online store. In addition, you can find several plugins to automate the tax calculations and customize them according to the tax laws of your country. Sometimes, you may want to provide tax exemptions to specific customers. How will you manage this with WooCommerce? In this article, we will discuss some of the best WooCommerce tax exempt plugins for WooCommerce.
This plugin will help you provide tax exemption for specific customers and user roles on your WooCommerce store. On the frontend, you will be able to display forms that will help those customers upload necessary documents for exemption. After verifying the documents, you can approve or deny the request as the store owner. Once the tax exemption is approved, the customers can use a checkbox for the same on the checkout page. Also, the tax exemption information will be available in the order details page.
- Allow certain customers to avail tax exemption on your WooCommerce store.
- Customizable tax exemption forms that can be displayed on the My Account pages, along with the verification status.
- Set a time limit for the tax exemption.
- Custom email notifications for customers and store admins when you receive a tax exemption request as well as it is approved or rejected.
- Tax exemption can be provided even for guest users on your store.
The single site subscription of the plugin will cost you $59.
According to EU VAT rules, certain customers can be exempted from paying tax when they are purchasing from your store. This plugin provides an option to let customers input their VAT number on the checkout page. Store owners can validate these details and allow tax exemption for customers. The plugin makes use of EU’s VIES VAT number validation. Along with B2B transactions, you can use this plugin to accept and validate tax exemptions for B2C customers as well. In additions, it helps you handle tax regulations for digital products as well. You can purchase the single site subscription of the plugin for $29.
There are scenarios where you need to exempt individual customers or organizations from paying tax on your store. This plugin will help you set up a process to exempt tax on a per-product basis. So those products, when they are in the cart of an eligible person, will not be taxable. This is achieved by adding additional fields on the checkout page. The customers who are eligible for tax exemption on purchase of certain products can enter their details. In addition, the price display of such products will be without the tax component when a eligible person logs in to your site.
The reasons and details that customers enter during checkout will be stored in custom fields in order details page. And, it is quite simple for store owners to manage the exemption aspects in the backend of your store. A single site subscription will cost you $29.
You can set up your store in a way to exclude specific customers from paying any tax when they shop from your store. The plugin allows you to apply this option to any of the user accounts on your store. Moreover, you can set up a time frame to allow tax exemption. The tax exemption will be available only during this period and taxes will be applied normally after that. Unlike the other plugins that we have seen in this list, this one does not let you customize the checkout forms to collect tax-related information. You will have to specify the tax exemption for each user from the store admin.
- Individually set tax exemptions for customers on your WooCommerce store.
- Set expiration date for all tax exemptions that you configure on your store.
- Store customer’s tax related information in their account page.
- Specifically apply tax exemptions on your store, where only some tax rates are exempted, not all.
- Simple user interface that is easy to manage.
- You can get a single site subsription of this plugin at $59.
This plugin too helps to exclude specific customers and user roles from paying tax on your store. It provides you an option to apply tax exemptions manually by taking details from customers, or automatically apply it on checkout. Customers can simply click the checkbox on the checkout page to claim tax exemption for certain orders alone. For automatic tax exemption, you can specify the user roles you want to offer tax exemption in the store admin. For this, you can use the plugin with any of the popular user role editor plugins.
- Create tax exemption for select customers or user roles.
- Offer an option to customers to claim tax exemption by clicking a checkbox on the checkout page.
- Set up tax exemption for customers and user roles in the store admin, so that tax rates won’t be applied when these customers make purchases on your store.
- User-friendly interface to help you manage tax exemptions effortlessly.
The regular license of this plugin will cost you $29.
You can provide special tax exemptions to your customers using this plugin as well. It allows you to remove tax application for certain users on the store admin, or let customers request for exemption during checkout. The plugin gives control to store owners to decide whether to approve or reject tax exemption by customers. It also provides customizable tax exemption forms that will help customers to send a request. Moreover, automatic notifications during the approval and rejection of tax exemption request will help customers informed as well.
- Provide tax exemption for specific customers on your store.
- Customizable form, where you can add fields as per requirement, to help customers request for tax exemption on your store.
- Manually verify each request before approving or rejecting it.
- Automatic email notifications for customers as well as store admin, when decision is made on a tax exemption request.
You can purchase the regular license of the plugin for $29.
The plugin helps in collecting and validating EU VAT numbers on the WooCommerce checkout page. It also helps in automatically exempting tax for selected VAT numbers. You will be able to display a form on the checkout page to collect the VAT details, which can be customized. Moreover, you can even make it mandatory for checkout. Also, the plugin has extensive validation options including checks for billing country code, company name and IP address. You can also choose to display the tax exemption code only for selected user roles or locations.
- Collect and validate EU VAT number on your WooCommerce store.
- Customize the frontend display of the form with extensive options including an option to enable based on user roles.
- Validate tax exemption requests based on multiple parameters such as matching country, company, and even to preserve VAT in selected countries.
- Tool to add all the VAT rates of EU countries to your WooCommerce store.
- Automatic validation through official European Commission service.
- Supports multiple languages with WPML/Polylang compatibility.
A single site license of this plugin will cost you $19.99
If you need help to ensure EU tax compliance, this plugin could be really helpful. The plugin helps you add all EU VAT rates to your store in a single click. It helps you have all the information related to EU tax compliance in one location. Moreover, it offers advanced reporting capabilities as well. The plugin verifies the location entered by the customer by considering the IP address for better compliance.
- Helps you ensure tax compliance according to the latest EU VAT rules.
- Saves the approaches used to calculate tax for individual orders to provide evidence for tax audits.
- Display product prices with the accurate tax details based on GeoIP information.
- Easily update tax rates on your WooCommerce store.
- Option to exempt EU buyers from paying tax based on their VAT numbers.
- Forbid EU buyers from purchase when they don’t have a registered VAT number.
- Supports multiple currencies.
- Download tax data into a CSV file.
The price of this plugin starts from $46.36
Hopefully, this plugin has helped you with more information on WooCommerce Tax Exempt plugins. Leave us a comment with your feedback.