One of the customer-friendly features of a modern eCommerce store is an option to add products to wish lists. It will let customers save products, which they can come back and purchase later. Also, each customer can easily share their wish list with friends and family. And, if customers share their wish lists on their social media profiles, your store will get some more visibility. If you have a WooCommerce store, you can use one of the popular plugins to incorporate this feature. In this review, we will get to know the YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Plugin better.
Overview of the free version
The free YITH WooCommerce Wishlist plugin is a convenient option to incorporate the wishlist feature on your WooCommerce store. With it, your customers will be able to save products for later when they don’t want to make an instant purchase, but are interested in the product.
Moreover, the plugin allows customers to share their wish lists with friends and family, providing better reach for your products. The important features of the free version are as follows:
- Allows store owners to select a page to save products in the wishlist
- Choose where to display the ‘Add to Wishlist’ option.
- Display an option that allows customers to remove products from the wishlist.
- Display the ‘Add to Wishlist’ option on the Shop page.
- Customize the appearance of the wish list.
Additional features of the premium version
The premium version of the YITH WooCommerce Wishlist plugin offers more advanced features that includes the following:
- Allow customers to create multiple wish lists.
- Ability to view popular products that are added to the wish list.
- Allow customers to ask for a quote for products that are in the wish list.
- Easily enable or disable the wish list feature for customers who are not logged in.
- Encourage customers to log in and create a wish list.
- Allow users to choose visibility settings for the wish list according to their convenience.
- Interesting layout options to display the wish lists.
- Send automatic emails when products in the wish list are back in stock, or when they have discounts.
- Compatibility with other popular YITH plugins.
How to set up the plugin?
You can download the free version of the plugin from the WordPress repository. When you activate it, a new page will be automatically created for wish lists. If you check this page, you will see a shortcode in it that renders the page the quality.
This page will be added by default as the wishlist page in the plugin settings. If you want to make another page as the wishlist page, you can create one and add the shortcode into it. You can access these settings from your WordPress admin panel – YITH > Wishlist > Wishlist Page Options.
How will customers get the option to add products to a wishlist?
Once you install and activate the plugin, with the default settings itself the option will be available. On individual product pages, all visitors to your store will be able to view the option to add products to wish list.
Once customers add products to their wish list, they will be able to access the wish list page, and see those products. If the products are in stock, they will be able to add them to Cart from the wish list page itself. There is also an option to share the wish list on different social media channels.
The plugin offers different options to customize the wishlist option according to your store strategy. Let’s quickly check the available features with the plugin.
Determine the display after adding a product to the wish list
After a product is added to the wish list, if the customer is visiting its product page, what will be displayed? The plugin offers three options here:
- Show the Add to Wishlist button.
- Provide a link to browse the wish list.
- Show a link to remove the product from the wish list
Change the position of the wishlist button on the product page
You can choose the position of the wishlist option on product page from a few available options. These are:
- After add to cart
- After thumbnails
- After summary
- Use shortcode
When you choose the ‘Use shortcode’ option, you will find a shortcode that you can place at a desired location on the product page.
Customizing different texts
The plugin also offers options to customize the texts that you display during different stages. You can change the initial text when customers can add a product to the wish list, or the text displayed when a product is added to the wish list. The text to browse the wishlist, and the message displayed on a product page that is already added to the list also can be customized.
Furthermore, you will find options to change the style and color of different aspects associated with the wishlist plugin.
Customization of the wishlist page
The plugin also offers different options to customize the wishlist page. Some of the important aspects that you can change are as follows:
- The properties displayed on the wish list table.
- Name of the wish list, and the text for the Add to Cart button.
- Automatic removal of a product from the wish list if added to cart.
- Choice of several social media icons.
- Title, text and image for social sharing
More elaborate settings in the premium version
As discussed earlier, the premium version offers much more advanced features. You will find more elaborate settings on the premium version of the plugin.
How much does it cost?
The basic version of the plugin can be downloaded from the WordPress plugin repository for free. The plugin is really popular with more than 800000 active installs. For the premium version of the plugin, you will have to spend $94.99 per year.
What we think about the plugin?
We think the plugin is a great option if you want to integrate the wishlist option on your WooCommerce store. If you want only the basic features, the free plugin is sufficient. However, if you are looking to make wish lists as a comprehensive marketing option for your business, the premium version could be good for you.
What are the alternatives?
In the WooCommerce ecosystem, you will surely find several alternatives for this plugin. We will list out some of the important plugins that offer this feature below:
- WooCommerce Wishlists
- My Wish List for WooCommerce
- Advanced Product Wishlist for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Wishlist & Gift Registry Pro
We think this review has helped you know the YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Plugin and its features thoroughly. Please let us know in the comments section if you are using this plugin on your store.