Last updated - September 3, 2021
Maximizing sales of a WooCommerce store is not an easy task!
You need to deploy a wide range of techniques in order to do that, and fear-of-missing-out (FOMO) is also among them.
It has been proven in numerous studies (where 60% of participants said that they purchased things out of FOMO within 24 hours) that FOMO helps in boosting sales by more than 50%.
All you need is a WooCommerce scheduler plugin in order to implement this strategy.
As their name suggests, WooCommerce Scheduling Plugins allow you to set availability periods on your stock of products to create a sense of urgency.
When people see on the product page that there are only a few units of their desired product remaining in stock, or they’ve only a few hours to purchase it, in most cases it makes them purchase the thing immediately.
Now you must be wondering which WooCommerce scheduler plugin you can use for the purpose. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Just keep reading till the end.
8 Best WooCommerce Scheduling Plugins
Here’s our curated list of top 8 WooCommerce scheduling plugins that can serve the purpose in the best possible manner:
Developed by WISDMLabs, the WISDM Scheduler plugin comes with pretty much every feature that you may want in a scheduler plugin. The design of its countdown timers, as well as the backend, is very professional, so you get the true feel of a premium plugin while using it.
- It allows selling products for a limited time by setting a period for their sale
- Schedule products and product categories by date, time, hours, or days
- Drive sales by activating FOMO with a countdown timer or availability in stock
- Notify buyers when a product that was unavailable becomes available for purchase again
- Set opening and closing hours for your entire online store (useful if you have an offline store too that operates during standard business hours)
Pros and Cons:
|Highly professional design of both front-end as well as back-end||A little pricey in comparison to other cheap alternatives|
|Most diverse set of features|
|Reliable support and regular updates|
- $80 – Single site Annual License.
WooCommerce sales countdown plugin has been developed by ThimPress, which is another well-known brand in the industry of WordPress plugins and themes. But that doesn’t mean it works well with ThimPress themes only – the plugin works seamlessly with all WooCommerce compatible themes. As far as key features of the plugin are considered, they can be seen below.
- Add a countdown timer on any page of your site (including category and product pages)
- WPML compatibility so you don’t face any language-related issues
- Options organized in the WooCommerce settings panel itself
- Large countdown timer so you can grab the attention of your visitors instantly
- Wide range of styles and layouts for the timer.
Pros and Cons:
|Professionally designer countdown timers||The size and positioning of timers may not be the best one for your product pages, depending on the theme you’re using|
|Affordable to purchase||Loading is a little slower in comparison to other plugins|
|WPML ready so it can work with any language|
- $27 – Single site Regular License.
As the long name of this plugin suggests, it’s not just a sales countdown timer plugin. It also includes the functionality to offer bulk discounts, set up recurring campaigns, organize flash sales, and a lot more.
This makes it one of the most distinguished and unique offerings on our list. It also helps that it has been developed by XL Plugins, which is another well-known name in the industry of WooCommerce plugins and themes. Other unique features of the plugin can be seen below.
- A counter bar that highlights the stock availability or any product in your inventory and updates in real-time as people buy the products plus sticky header and footer locations for your timer
- Allows setting recurring schedules for availability that you can just set up and forget
- Multiple stunning timer layouts and designs that can go well with any theme
- Also includes sticky header and footer timers that can be used to show the sale duration consistently.
Pros and Cons:
|Multiple features besides the core functionality of sales countdown timer||Since it’s more than a scheduler plugin alone, you need to learn about its features|
|Available in multiple pricing options so you can choose a price and features as per your requirements|
|Polished and professional timer layouts|
- $29 – Basic Package
- $59 – Pro Package
- $99 – Business Package.
YITH is another well-known name in the industry of WordPress themes and plugins. If you’ve been building WordPress-based sites for some time, there’s a good chance that you might have heard about it. The WooCommerce Product Countdown plugin developed by them comes with a polished design and many unique features that you can see below.
- A unique sale bar showing the progress of an ongoing sale,
- Flexibility to show the countdown timer on the product as well as category pages,
- 3 well-designed countdown timer layouts,
- Ability to set a specific action that takes place after the timer has expired
- Place your countdown timers or bars anywhere with the help of widgets and shortcodes.
Pros and Cons:
|Multiple timer layouts and designs||Costliest plugin available for the purpose|
|YITH is a well-known name in the industry – so no question about reliability and customer support||A little bit of learning curve – you’ll need time to learn about all of its features|
|The unique sale bar feature works amazingly well to boost the sense of urgency|
- $69.99 – Single site Annual License.
The first special thing about this plugin is that this is the only free plugin for the purpose of WooCommerce scheduling in our list.
We’ve chosen it to include in our list after analyzing the functionality of many other free scheduler plugins. Despite being free, the WPClever Product Timer plugin offers some truly unique features, as you can see below.
- The ability to set up to 5 different dates for sale conditions
- Highlight certain products as featured
- Ability to set products as purchasable or unpurchasable
- Also available in a premium version, which adds professional customer support and functionality to enable multiple actions for a product.
Pros and Cons:
|Available in a free variant||No support offered with the free variant|
|Allows highlighting certain products as featured on category pages or sale pages||Not as popular as other plugins, so no guarantee of regular updates to fix any vulnerabilities|
|Premium variant comes with even more features, putting it on par with other premium offerings.|
- Available for Free.
Don’t be disappointed with its plain and simple name – it’s a very powerful availability scheduler plugin that lets you schedule when a certain product is available or not available for purchase on your site.
Depending on the rules set by you, it automatically hides/shows the “Add to Cart” button on product pages. As far as other key features are concerned, they’re given below:
- Hide certain products during pre-defined unavailability periods
- Comes with a bulk editor to assign availability and unavailability periods for multiple products at once
- Allows setting daily sale limits on individual products
- Option to completely hide products during unavailability period or only hide the ‘Add to Cart’ button from product pages
- Shortcode based functionality to show your product messages in the right place.
Pros and Cons:
|Bulk editor to set availability and unavailability periods at once||Support is offered only for 6 months. If you need support for up to 12 months, you need to pay extra.|
|Affordable in comparison to other premium plugins|
|Set custom messages that show up when people try to view the product before, during, and after the scheduled availability period.|
- $18 – Single site License.
This is the only plugin on our list that is supported and updated by the WooCommerce team itself, which means its seamless integration and reliability is guaranteed for years to come.
But that’s not all that is special about this plugin. It also has a number of other great and unique features that you can see below.
- Allows setting multiple time slots for product availability in one day.
- You can also set the number of sales that can take place for any particular product in any particular time slot.
- Can restrict the availability of products based on user roles, so you can make certain premium products available only to your members.
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee so you can get your money back if you don’t like it.
Pros and Cons:
|Allows scheduling of multiple time slots for product availability in one day||Lack of timer layouts and designs|
|Allows setting availability as per user roles||A little costly in comparison to other plugins|
|Translation-ready to work in any language of your choice|
|30 days moneyback guarantee|
- $49 – Single site Annual License.
Don’t get confused between this plugin and the #6th one in our list – the names may be the same, but both have been developed by different developers so they’re two different plugins.
Besides the regular job of setting availability schedules for all your products it also plays the role of a lead generator for your website by allowing people to subscribe to the availability schedules.
- Notifies subscribers automatically whenever a product is available for purchase.
- Allows setting product availability schedules automatically or manually
- Allow or restrict guest users from accessing products during scheduled availability time of products.
- Add custom text description before or after the countdown timer
- Premium Support guarantees a response to all your queries within one business day in case something goes wrong.
Pros and Cons:
|Guaranteed customer support within one day||The front end is not as polished as some other plugins on our list|
|Can set availability schedules automatically||Doesn’t work if your site is a multi-vendor marketplace with lots of sellers|
|Allows setting availability on product level, category level, or even global level|
- $19 – Single site Regular License.
So that was our list of top 8 WooCommerce scheduling plugins!
They’re best of the best, so you can choose any of them as per your requirements without worrying about anything.
However, if you want us to help you make a choice then we’d recommend the following 3 plugins:
- WISDM Scheduler – offers an unparalleled set of features at unmatched pricing
- YITH WooCommerce Product Countdown – the most polished and well-designed timer layouts
- WPC Product Timer – if you’re looking for a free option.
However, these recommendations are based on our experience and in the end, we suggest you choose a plugin that fits your needs the best.
In case of any doubts, feel free to comment below 🙂
Also read our article on Best WordPress Scheduling Plugins.