Change is the only thing that is constant in our world. If you are going to rebrand your business, then this is the right decision. This is a sign that its scale has increased significantly. By increasing your uniqueness and “fresh” notes, you will strengthen your position in the market. In this article, you will learn about what rebranding is, why it is needed and how to carry it out.
Rebranding is the process of adjusting a company’s brand, namely:
- Changes are made to the basic values and philosophy of the brand;
- Its positioning in the market is specified;
- The focus changes when interacting with the target audience.
Usually, the company’s management begins to think about rebranding due to a drop in sales or a discrepancy between the organization’s image and current trends.
In general, it is difficult to give an exact answer to the question of exactly when to rebrand. The following questions can be used as a guide:
- Who is your typical client? Has his portrait changed lately? Have his needs changed?
- Is the company’s image in line with current trends? Maybe competitors have already introduced new technologies and are ahead of you?
Noticing that the market situation has changed for the worse for you, it is worth making changes. This rule also works the other way around: if things are going well and the business is expanding, then you should consider rebranding to reflect all the changes that have taken place. You will learn more about the reasons for rebranding in the next chapter.
Why is rebranding necessary?
There are some of the most common reasons why a rebranding is needed:
- Be in trend. Most often, rebranding is carried out precisely for this reason. The world around us is constantly changing. Consumer preferences are also changing. In order for the visual of the company to correspond to the latest trends, a change in positioning and design is necessary.
- Expanding the circle of consumers. If the business expands, then it is planned to expand the target audience. This will require significant changes in positioning.
- Expansion of the range of goods or the list of services. If the product line grows as the product line grows, these changes should be reflected.
- Merger or acquisition. As a result of these legal procedures, the brand is completely transformed. The name, logo, corporate identity and positioning are changing.
- When several companies are doing the same business, business development can slow down. With the help of rebranding, you can make your offer more unique, which will give you an edge over your competitors.
How to Rebrand in 2022?
To ensure that the rebranding result does not disappoint you, use the following tips:
- It is necessary, first of all, to formulate the mission and values of your brand. If you didn’t do this when you started the business, then rebranding is a great reason to do so;
- Do not immediately cut off everything old. Some elements of the old image may well pass into the new one. For example, consumers remember the name of the company well, and if you change it, you can only aggravate the situation;
- Analyze the market. To make sure that your actions are correct, explore the trends of the modern market. Analyze what consumers like in your niche, study design trends and create your own so that it meets modern requirements, but at the same time differs from the design of competitors;
- Create a corporate identity guide. This document will be presented to company employees. It will help you work consistently with all communication channels: social networks, websites, labels, packaging, brochures, catalogs and more. Rebranding needs to be taken seriously. If you do not have the necessary skills, it is better to seek professional help from a trusted agency;
- Introduce a new brand to the audience. Inform your clients about the image change. Try to convey what benefits the rebranding of your company brings to them.
What not to do during the rebranding process
These are some of the most common rebranding mistakes:
- Creativity to the detriment of solutions. The new design of brands is not just a fantasy of designers. All elements of the image must comply with the updated philosophy and mission of the company. If only the designer’s imagination is used in the development of a corporate identity, the task will fail;
- An attempt to save money at the expense of quality. Not every manager wants to part with a significant part of the company’s budget, and this is understandable. However, rebranding is an important process that cannot be saved on. If you entrust this task to inexperienced specialists, the result will be disastrous;
- Lack of system. The launch and promotion of a new brand must be carefully planned. The idea that a good product sells itself has long been outdated. With a well-designed campaign, success can be achieved. And vice versa, in its absence, even a well-conducted rebranding will not be effective;
- If you do not have design and marketing skills, then it is unlikely that you will be able to rebrand yourself. To do this, you need to contact the experts. But this does not mean that you need to completely shift the responsibility to the agency. Even highly qualified specialists need tips. The customer must explain exactly and in detail what he wants.
Examples of rebrandings in 2022
As an example of 2022 rerenders, consider CloudPayments, EAE Consult, and Sanofi.
CloudPayments rebranded in 2022. The essence of the changes is the unification of all business lines under one Cloud brand and obtaining a slogan. The re-rendering request, if necessary, was made more recognizable and accessible by the brand.
The company’s employees explained that the CloudPayments monobrand, being the most recognizable, left other areas of the company in the shade. The new unified brand includes CloudPayments, CloudKassir, CloudTips and CloudSoft.
The combined brand bears the already well-known “name” Cloud in the market. The idea underlying the updated concept is equivalence and partnership, moving towards and striving for development.
The new logo design was developed with the participation of the Luch studio. The new logos were supposed to retain the old UI system and fonts, which was done.
Also, during the rebranding, we created a video visualizing the concept of the company and talking about its key tasks. The essence of the video was in the phrase “They won’t catch you”, and it became the new slogan of the brand. “They won’t catch you” is an abbreviated version of the company’s message to business: “With payment solutions from Cloud, competitors will not catch up with you.”
Along with the change in logo, Sanofi also changed the positioning of the divisions. The new design of image elements can be seen on the company’s website.
At the moment, the Sanofi logo is in black and written entirely in lowercase. The main semantic elements are two purple dots, which indicate the beginning and end of the company name. According to Sanofi, they are the epitome of a scientific journey between the starting point and the finish line, a moment of insight in which innovative solutions are discovered that affect people’s lives.
Sanofi changed not only the logo. The company has consolidated all divisions into one brand, which is a significant change.
Rebranding is a great way to promote a company. If it is carried out successfully, you can not only retain existing customers, against the backdrop of high competition, but also attract new ones. We wish you success!