Last updated - March 31, 2022
Are you planning to expand your WooCommerce services to Canada or still exploring delivery options in that area? Then this article will help you on how to integrate Canada Post with WooCommerce using a simple yet efficient plugin. Canada Post is a reliable and fast-tracked shipping service provider, therefore, rated as one of the best courier partners in the world.
What is Canada Post Shipping Service?
Canada Post operates as a major postal service operator in the Canadian region. The company uses the traditional method of door-to-door delivery for packages. For faster and safer delivery Canada Post has established more than 6,200 post offices spread across Canada including corporate and private franchises. Furthermore, their centralized delivery system operates using 25,000 letter carriers and a 13,000 vehicle fleet for shipping services.
How To Integrate Canada Post with WooCommerce?
There are multiple options to integrate Canada Post with WooCommerce. You can check out the following plugin options.
- Canada Post Shipping For WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Canada Post Shipping Plugin with Print Label
- ELEX EasyPost Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce
- Canada Post Shipping Method
- Canada Post WooCommerce Shipping Plugin for Rates, yLabels, and Tracking
For more Canada Post shipping plugins you can read this detailed article on 7 Best WooCommerce Canada Post Plugins for Rates, Print Label & Tracking 2022
Benefits of Integrating Canada Post with Plugins
By integrating Canada Post services on your store, you will have the following advantages:
- You can explore various eCommerce shipping operations such as label printing and third-party shipping.
- Streamline shipping and track inventory.
- Manage Canada Post Shipping on multiple sales channels.
- Automate shipping label printing and access tracking id.
- Send shipment notifications to the store owner and the customer.
- Generate order reports.
To demonstrate the integration of Canada Post with WooCommerce, we will use the ELEX EasyPost Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce.
This ELEX plugin allows you to integrate EasyPost and streamline your shipment requirements. You can easily display Canada Post shipping rates and services as your delivery options. Various features of this plugin allow you to manage your shipping settings, print labels and customize service names and rates, etc.
Furthermore, this plugin works best with other major shipping providers as well such as Canada Post, USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. ELEX EasyPost plugin is fully recognized as an EasyPost Approved Integration Partner.
What Are The Advantages Of Using The Plugin ELEX EasyPost Plugin?
- Show real-time rates on the cart and the Checkout page for Canada Post, USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- Display all the shipping services for Canada Post along with their estimated delivery time.
- Use the admin panel to print Canada Post shipping labels for the ordered items.
- Once you set up this plugin on your WooCommerce store, you can easily modify the method title for the EasyPost shipping, customize shipping service names, add a markup or discounted value on shipping rates, etc.
- Conveniently choose a real-time rate among three options: Retail, Residential or Commercial.
- Set a fallback rate for all the returned items or failed shipments.
- This EasyPost plugin automatically adds insurance for your delivery packages. You can toggle this option in the settings panel of the plugin.
To customize all these options and use the above-mentioned features you can read this detailed guide on How to set up ELEX EasyPost Shipping Method Plugin for WooCommerce? (with Video).
How to Integrate Canada Post with WooCommerce Using The ELEX EasyPost Plugin?
You can get the plugin from ELEXtensions official website. Open your WordPress dashboard panel and go to Plugins > Add New. Upload the downloaded zip file using the upload option and once the installation is complete click the Activate button. To access the EasyPost plugin setting go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > EasyPost > General.
Let’s discuss a few basics of Canada Post shipping options available for store admins.
Enable the Realtime Rates option this will allow you to display real-time shipping rates for Canada Post on your Checkout page.
If you are a developer you can use the Debug Mode and Status Log options. In case your website is showing loading errors you can enable these two options and debug errors. We recommend not to use these options on a live website.
Check these customizations on your WooCommerce store by accessing the Select The API Mode option and using the Test Mode.
Once you are done with the customization you can change the Select The API Mode to the Live Mode. You will require an API key for both test mode and the live mode, you can easily get this key after registering with EasyPost.
Rates & Services
Type a custom Method Title that will be displayed on the cart and the Checkout page. In the Method Available to option you can choose All Countries or assign your services to just Specific Countries for delivery.
Use the Zip Code, Sender State Code, and Sender Country options to enter your store details.
To display time duration for delivery you can enable the Estimated Delivery Date. After you have made these recommended changes, you can scroll down to Carrier & Rate Settings.
Fallback: If the EasyPost plugin does not generate any real-time rates, you can use this box to enter a custom amount in the Fallback box so customers can checkout.
Rates Type: Choose among Commercial, Retail, or Residential rates to display on your online store.
Handling Fee: To charge a handling fee from your customers you can enter a custom amount in the provided box, if not, you can leave it blank.
EasyPost Carrier(s): Among the available courier services you can choose Canada Post to integrate with WooCommerce. You can customize the service names, adjust prices in percentage or value.
Save these changes. Now, your WooCommerce store will start displaying Canada Post shipping services and their corresponding rates on both the cart and the Checkout page.
Customers can compare the available shipping rates offered by Canada Post and choose one of these delivery methods. Later, you can modify these orders from the Single Order page.
How To Print Shipping Label and Track Shipment?
Simply visit your WooCommerce admin panel, go to Orders and open the single order page for which you want to generate shipment. Scroll down and click the Create Shipment button. This option will automatically generate a tracking number and Print Label button. You can use this link to know the current status of the order and click the Print Label button to access the shipping label for the package.
Here is a sample label that will be automatically generated for Canada Post.
Integrate Other Services and Add Ons With The ELEX EasyPost Plugin
With the help of add-ons, you can incorporate other features.
- EasyPost Return Label Add-On: Generate return labels for these major courier companies such as FedEx, UPS, Canada Post, and USPS using this add-on for the EasyPost plugin. You can also assign a custom address for easily handling returned items.
- ELEX WooCommerce EasyPost Generate SCAN Forms Add-On: This EasyPost add-on allows you to generate a single form for multiple returned packages and improve data management and shipment processing.
- EasyPost Auto-generate and Email labels Add-On: This user-friendly add-on allows you to send email notifications to the relevant customers and keep them informed throughout the shipment process along with the facility to know the current status of their delivery item.
- EasyPost Bulk Label Printing Add-On: This add-on is designed specifically for EasyPost as it saves your time on printing labels individually for every order. Use this add-on to generate multiple shipping labels in bulk at the same time and even download this data in a single PDF file. You can filter the available orders based on Order IDs or Order date range and conveniently print shipping labels in bulk.
- ELEX WooCommerce EasyPost Pickup Request Add-On: A dedicated add-on that enables you to schedule a pickup with other shipping partners. You can easily schedule a date and time for pickup and service personnel will pick the assigned order from you.
I hope you have detailed information on how to integrate Canada Post with WooCommerce. You can follow the above steps to use Canada Post services on your online store. If you still have any questions for us feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.