Last updated - March 31, 2021
WooCommerce offers several options for store owners to deal with logistical challenges they face every day with shipping and fulfillment. One such challenge is to ship products that vary considerably in weight. Setting up weight-based shipping rules with plugins will help to present appropriate shipping rates for each of these products. In this article, we will help you understand some of the WooCommerce weight based shipping plugins that you can use in your online store.
This plugin provides you highly customizable options to set up shipping costs including rules based on weight. It lets you add shipping rules based on weight, as well as incorporate additional charges per weight unit. Moreover, the plugin has an intuitive interface that lets store owners easily manage their shipping strategy.
- Add a range of table rates for each shipping zone in your store.
- Different calculation types such as per order, class, line or item.
- Option to configure different rules based on weight, number of items, price, etc.
- Additional costs can be added based on weight and other considerations.
- Easy user interface to manage different shipping rules.
The cost of the plugin is $99.
With this plugin, you can control the shipping methods available to customers based on different conditions. It lets you disable certain shipping methods based on weight, number of items or cart total. You will be able to offer specific shipping methods based on products, categories or shipping classes. Similarly, you can restrict the availability of shipping and payment options for certain customers or user roles.
- Disable specific shipping methods based on weight and other parameters.
- Based on products, categories or shipping classes, selectively offer shipping methods,
- Set location specific shipping strategy for certain products.
- Restrict shipping and payment options for certain customers or user roles.
You can purchase the plugin for $79.
You can define flat rate boxes with predetermined costs using this plugin. It helps you define multiple boxes for each of your shipping zones. And based on the requirement, you can charge extra per box, weight unit or percentage of the item cost. The plugin is quite easy to configure, and even new users of WordPress will be able to easily manage it.
- Define flat rate boxes and costs.
- Add charges based on weight unit or cost of the product.
- Easy to configure.
The plugin will cost you $49.
This plugin lets you hide specific shipping methods based on different parameters including product weight. It lets you hide selected shipping methods based on the order weight. You will be able to set different conditions based on order weight such as greater than, less than, or even between a specific weight range. In addition, the plugin offers several more options to hide shipping methods based on shipping classes, categories, location, SKU, user roles, other shipping methods, and more. The plugin even lets you hide specific services of popular shipping carriers.
- Hide shipping methods based on several conditions including order weight.
- Combine different rules to create advanced rules.
- Manage multiple rules effortlessly.
You can get a single site subscription of this plugin at $79.
This plugin helps you access real time rates of popular shipping carriers such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, Canada Post, etc., based on cart weight. You have to select weight-based packing as the parcel packing option to make use of this. The plugin lets you set a maximum weight for the package, beyond which the order will be split into different packages. It also lets you specify whether to pack heavier or lighter items first, or pack purely based on weight.
- Display live shipping rates based on product weight and dimensions.
- Available carriers include FedEx, UPS, USPS and Canada Post.
- Print shipping labels from WooCommerce admin.
- Show estimated delivery date and tracking information to customers.
- Supports USPS flat rate boxes.
- Parcel packing based on weight.
- Additional options with the help of add-ons.
The cost of a single site subscription is $69.
This plugin helps you set up diverse rules to calculate shipping based on different conditions. You can set up shipping costs based on the product weight or total order weight using this plugin. It lets you define shipping costs based on weight ranges, or based on weight unit. Some of the other conditions you can base shipping rules are total price, product categories, shipping classes, shipping location, etc.
- Define shipping rates based on weight and other conditions.
- Easily set up advanced shipping rules based on products, categories, shipping classes, etc.
- Multiple calculation options.
- Manage per product shipping with a free addon.
The single site license of the plugin will cost you $69.
You can use this plugin to display rates of multiple carriers such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, etc. In addition, the plugin allows you to set up conditional shipping rules based on product weight. So, using the plugin, you can send a product above a certain weight range using one carrier, and use another carrier for products below the weight range.
- Display services and rates of popular shipping carriers.
- Apply advanced rules in default shipping methods as well as shipping carrier options.
- Flexible parcel packing options.
- Supports both international and domestic services.
The plugin cost $89 for a single site license.
This is a free option that will help you calculate shipping costs based on order weight. You can also add multiple rules based on applicable terms. The price calculation too is flexible with a constant price option as well as a progressive one.
- Create shipping rules based on order weight and destinations.
- Flexible options to calculate rates.
- Free shipping can be configured based on product weight or other conditions.
You can calculate shipping costs based on cart weight and cart total using this plugin. It also lets you add handling charges above a certain order value.
- Define shipping costs based on cart weight and total.
- Option to add insurance value or handling charge after a certain order value.
This is another free plugin that lets you add shipping costs based on weight and location. The plugin lets you apply several advanced rules to manage the shipping costs as well. There are options to manage, when the order weight goes above the specified value. Moreover, you can exclude shipping based on categories, tags, user roles, etc.
- Configure shipping costs based on weight and destination.
- Set up advanced shipping rules.
- Create unlimited rates.
- Hide payment gateways.
Hopefully, these WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping Plugins will help you ship products of different weight ranges. Please leave us a comment to share your thoughts.