Calculating shipping rates based on different parameters could be a nagging problem for store owners. Incorrect shipping charges could be a reason for bad customer experience, and could lead to cart abandonment. One of the more straightforward ways to calculate shipping charges would be based on the distance to the shipping destination. WooCommerce lets you set up flat shipping rates based on different geographical locations, though plugins make it much easier to calculate rates based on distance. In this article, we will discuss some of the best WooCommerce Distance Rate Shipping plugins.
With this plugin, you will be able to offer shipping rates based on the distance to the destination, or the total time it takes to reach the customer. You can easily set up shipping rules based on distance as well as total travel time. In addition, the plugin helps you manage additional charges based on the number of items in the cart, total cart value or total weight as well. If your business strategy requires you to take into account the distance or logistical challenges, then this plugin is ideal for shipping cost calculation.
- Calculate shipping rates based on distance or total time travelled.
- Charge extra based on the number of items, cart value, weight, etc.
- Integrates Google Distance Matrix API and Google Maps Embed API.
- Advanced configuration option to set rules based on all your business requirements.
The cost of the plugin is $79.
This is a great solution that will help you calculate accurate shipping charges on your WooCommerce store. It provides you an interface to input shipper and buyer addresses, and package dimensions, and helps you choose services from different carriers. It also helps you generate shipping labels and tracking links for your orders, and automatically sends them to the customer and the store owner. Furthermore, you can assign a specific page on your site to display the shipping calculator, and provide selective access to it based on user roles.
- Easily calculate shipping rates by entering shipper and buyer addresses.
- Choose a service from the displayed options and estimated delivery dates.
- Predefined packages and option to create custom ones.
- Enter weight and dimensions and create multiple packages.
- Generate shipping label and tracking link and automatically send them to customers.
- Option to choose the shipping carrier services that will be displayed.
- Display the shipping calculator on a dedicated page and allow only select user roles to access it.
- Customize the calculator template.
The cost of the shipping calculator plugin is $79 for single site subscription.
This is a simple plugin that lets you charge customers for shipping based on the distance to the shipping destination from the store or warehouse. The plugin lets you create different shipping rates based on distance ranges that you add. There are no limits on the number of conditions and distance ranges that you can include. Moreover, you will be able to calculate distances in both kilometers and miles.
- Create shipping rates for your WooCommerce store based on different distance ranges.
- No limits in the number of rules and conditions that you can configure.
- Supports international shipping.
- Easy to set up and configure.
The cost of a Regular License of this plugin is $29.
This plugin could be useful when you don’t want to provide real time rates from carriers, and would rather show specific rates based on distance units. It will calculate the rates based on the distance between the customer’s address and shipping origin address. You can specify the rate per distance unit in the plugin settings. It could be a great option for a wide range of business requirements from same day delivery to time critical flights. Additionally, the plugin enables you to add different shipping profiles for specific products or categories.
- Display shipping rate estimates based on distance units.
- Create multiple shipping profiles specific to products or categories.
- Configure different shipping origins for each profile.
- Automatically choose the closest shipping origin when more than one origin is available.
- Create multiple shipping zones and methods.
- Set minimum and maximum rates for each method.
The plugin offers a 15-day free trial. You can contact them for pricing information.
This plugin allows you to add custom shipping methods to your WooCommerce store. You will be able to integrate distance based shipping cost calculation with the help of a shortcode. In addition, you will be able to create shipping rate tables based on number of items, total cost, weight, volume, etc. In addition, you can set limits for shipping costs, and also configure custom icons and descriptions for shipping methods.
- Create rules to offer distance based shipping rates.
- Set shipping rates based on number of items, total cost, weight, volume, etc.
- Option to add percentage based charges to shipping costs.
- Set minimum and maximum limits.
- Configure free shipping minimum amounts.
- Customize the descriptions and icons for shipping methods.
You can get a single site license of this plugin for $29.99 with one year of support and updates.
This plugin uses Google Distance Matrix API, and helps you calculate shipping rates based on distance. It could be a great option for local store deliveries, where you want to determine the shipping costs based on distance that has to be travelled to reach the customer.
- Set shipping rates with distance based rules.
- Configure minimum and maximum limits and discounts for shipping rates.
- Supports kilometers and miles.
- Option to set preferred routes and restrictions.
- Optionally display the distance information to customers.
You can download the plugin for free from the WordPress repository.
This is a creative option to determine shipping zones in your WooCommerce store. The plugin lets you draw shipping areas in a map and associate a shipping cost to it. It adds the drawn areas as shipping methods. This will help you limit shipping areas without dependency to zip code alone. Also, you will be able to restrict shipping methods based on distance radius using this plugin.
- Draw areas you want to offer shipping instead of defining the zone by zip codes.
- Easily connect the drawn areas to shipping methods and assign a rate specific to the area.
- Restrict shipping methods with distance radius.
The plugin is free to download.
You can use this plugin to calculate shipping rates based on varied parameters such as distance, shipping destination, dimensions, weight, shipping class, etc. The plugin also lets you set minimum and maximum limits easily.
- Lets you set shipping rates using Google Distance Matrix API.
- Also create shipping rules based on weight, dimensions, shipping class, etc.
- Set minimum and maximum limits.
You can download the plugin for free.
We hope these WooCommerce Distance Rate Shipping plugins will help you offer accurate shipping rates and enhance customer experience in your store. Feel free to leave us a comment if you have any queries.